Hi! Sometimes we are searching for specific positions, but we are always interested in hearing from worthwhile candidates. So, even if there is not a specific listing below you are applying for we encourage anyone looking to join our team to reach out. Thank you!
All interested candidates please email using the link at the bottom of the page. No calls or pop-ins, please! If there are multiple job listings, please make sure to indicate which job you are applying for.
Who we are
We are a small-batch, specialty coffee roaster located on the outer reaches of beautiful Cape Cod, Massachusetts. We are both fair trade and organic certified although not all of the coffees we roast fall under those identifiers as it would limit our ability to bring in microlots, geshas and the like. We embrace a range of roasting styles from the lightest of geshas to tasty darker roasts.
We feel this is a unique opportunity for the right candidate as we are coming off of our best year and we want to continue to evolve and improve in every way. You will be an integral part of our next stage of growth and hopefully someone who will further strengthen our team bond and coffee culture from both a personal and professional standpoint.
We are relationship-driven, meaning we want you to be a great cultural fit both within our team structure and with our current and future customers. Many of our accounts have been with us for over 15 years.
We have a company culture that makes us love our jobs, and we want you to feel the same way. Liking ping pong, bowling (big ball), tasting craft beers in the “company lounge” on Friday afternoons and enjoying occasional after-hours meals with your team is part of why we love beanstock. You must love dogs (or at least tolerate one cute black lab/mutt, anyway). Oh, and we’re huggers.
Who you are
You are a daring leader, not an armored leader (credit to Brene Brown). You are very open and extremely comfortable communicating. You are passionate and compassionate. Knowledgeable, but not a know-it-all. More teacher than critic. You will risk failing in pursuit of learning or betterment. The coffee world is a kinship and if you need to gripe the roaster down the street to feel better, then you’re not right for us. We want some who embraces and enhances our supportive environment.
We encourage and support further education through SCA events and other venues. The right person will be seeking out new educational opportunities to learn and we will be excited to support them.
- Works with ownership to develop and maintain roast profiles and consistency
- Responsible for day-to-day roasting to fill all orders
- Responsible for reserving, tracking and maintaining inventory of all green coffee
- Ordering and receiving of all green coffee deliveries
- Manage cuppings and quality control and encourages a passionate coffee throughout the entire staff/team
- Trains and manages apprentice roasters
- Daily and weekly cleaning of roasters (Probat L12 and P12/1) and roasting area
- Responsible for training and managing all production floor staff on proper techniques, including bagging, stamping, heat sealing, nitrogen flushing, weighing, boxing and shipping.
- Maintenance and repair of roasting and packaging machines (we have machine repair people who come in when needed as well)
- Contributes constructive suggestions when sees potential needs in all areas
- Other duties as needed
Speak and understand English proficiently.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- At least two years coffee roasting experience.
- Competence with Cropster roasting software preferred
- Q-grader not required, but is definitely a positive
Regularly required to see, hear, taste, smell and talk.
- Must be able to lift up to 150 lbs of green coffee to waist level and regularly lift full buckets of coffee weighing 15 to 40 lbs over your head.
- Requires the ability to stand and walk the roasting area for most if not all of the work day.
- Regularly requires bending, squatting, sitting and competent arm and hand motion.
- May require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Warehouse environment. Tall ceilings. Open space.
- Roast machines have gas burners and hot surfaces. Careful attention to detail is needed to prevent fires.
- Green coffee is somewhat dusty.
- The noise level is usually moderate to high from multiple machines in use.
- $50-65k yearly depending on experience
- Yearly and seasonal bonuses
- 3 weeks paid time off (includes vacation and sick days). Eligible after 6 months of employment.
- Weekly coffee take home allowance (extra during the holiday season to give as gifts)
- 30% employee discount on most retail goods
- 50% heath care negotiable after one year
Please send resume and cover letter with any and all relevant information as well as sharing one personal story from the last year that helped you grow/evolve (or just feel good for whatever reason) to email@example.com. Please DO NOT call or drop in.